January 27, 2013

In Love With... Recycled Jars



































































































































































































The ubiquitous recycled glass jar. Creative ideas abound online for this delightfully transparent trend, for which I cannot stop pinning and bookmarking. (My appreciation never wanes when it comes to something so highly functional, free and eco-friendly.)

As a creative mom I felt compelled to transform a few of my own last year (see below); and ever since I've been kind of, well, addicted. Seriously. I'm now incapable of pitching a single glass vessel into our recycling bin. In my eyes (not always my husband's), each jar has potential — to be something more than just a peanut butter container, jar of artichokes or bottle of olives.

Rescued jars have found new purpose all around our house: holding nuts in the kitchen, toothbrushes in the bathroom, markers in the art closet, thumbtacks in the office, wooden spoons next the stove. This probably sounds strange, but it gives me joy to see these jars with newfound lives: not just in our home, but everywhere else.

How are you recycling your jars?






































:: kids jars via House to Home
:: antique pickling jar terrarium via Pottery Barn
:: glass jar chandelier via La Factoria Plastica
:: numbered jar candle votives via Down to Earth Style
:: groomsman placemarker jars via Michele's Cottage


5 comments:

  1. I love seeing mason jars used as light fixtures in an industrial county kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that look too Diana. Really wish I was more handy with electrics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm pretty bad at that too. I hope to learn more in the months to come. I like to be hands-on or at least seem like I know what I'm doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I love this, especially the animal jars. I keep art supplies in jars on my kitchen shelves for easy access and this would totally take it to the next level! Thank you for sharing. Your blog is darling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie! I do love how the animal jars become art in and of themselves.

      Delete